Project Realization is the third phase of the SAP Business One Implementation Process. It refers to the process of implementing SAP Business One, an enterprise resource planning (ERP) software designed specifically for small and medium-sized businesses.
This phase is a crucial step in the overall SAP Business One implementation journey, where the software is configured and customized to meet the specific needs of the organization as documented in the business blueprint.
Project Realization is the heart of the project, and it is in this phase that the consultants implement all the business processes and technical requirements defined during the previous phase.
In addition, the legacy master data is also migrated during this stage. The newly built system and master data are validated and tested by the customer on a test copy of the customer database. All issues arising during testing should be logged and resolved before moving on to the next phase.
Key activities in the Project Realization phase include –
- Configuration of Customer Database.
- Import of Legacy Master Data.
- Validation & Thorough Testing.
- Plans for Training and Cutover.
Below is a brief of the key the milestones in Project Realization stage:
- First, the Production system is installed and configured based on the documented business blueprint. This includes the import of legacy master data.
- Second, validation of the configured system by the customer. Validation involves an iterative process whereby the customer tests each configuration change made by the consultant a.k.a. “unit testing”.
- Third, covers the broader testing required once the individual processes have been validated. System and integration testing involves the testing of entire business processes end-to-end, including the integration with other processes and external systems.
- Fourth, Project Planning. While the production system is being built and tested, the project manager focuses on planning for go-live. A plan for training end users and a cutover plan must be completed and are crucial to the success of the project.
- Finally, the checkpoint for completion of the phase. Sign-off for this phase indicates that the customer has accepted the new system functionality.
The project realization phase involves the actual deployment and configuration of the SAP Business One system according to the specific needs and requirements of the organization.
Throughout the project realization phase, effective project management and communication play crucial roles in ensuring the successful implementation of SAP Business One.
It’s essential to have a dedicated project team, involving both internal staff and external SAP partners or consultants, who have expertise in SAP Business One and experience in similar implementation projects.
Want more helpful information about processes in SAP Business One? Or would you like a more in-depth understanding of SAP Business One? Then get in touch with Accelon - a Certified SAP Business One Gold Partner & the most reliable ERP software provider in India.